Saturday, February 2, 2008

groundhogs day

Today is groundhogs day. I had a great gma whose birthday fell on this day. It sure does not look like he saw his shadow here today..
Currently a light snow is falling and it is a nice balmy 30 or so. Keep in mind we just got over some -50 windchills a few days ago. And a genuine country blizzard.
I am making the most of my day doing whatever things I get into..seems I get distracted easily and nothing much gets done but am thankful for what does!
We shopped at cabelas one day recently to use a gift certificate. Vernon said he NEEDED a new pair of khakis...WOW..I need to find out which ones to get rid of in his closet as he did get a new pair which involved trying them on in the dressing room. Such a job.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

did he officially see his shadow or not?

Gwen said...

It was sooo foggy here I dont think he could have seen his shadow..
The frosted trees were gorgeous most of the day. We have had alot of that this year

Ethel said...

yes he saw his shadow..i should know...i too like your great gma..have my b'day on the beloved fellow's big day...