Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday!

Ahhh. Tis friday and I actually have a ME day..they are rare. Where do I start? Should do something on my long list of domestic and get it outta the way. Why is it that housecleaning seems to go unnoticed unless you do not keep up on it? I spent some time on thursday at several decorating places,and was totally overwhelmed at all the choices for flooring,counters,lights,etc. I remember back to the day when I was in hs and there was one choice of jeans to wear so really no major decision to be made or maybe it was more that I knew what I wanted.

Even eating out..now you have choices to make..soup??salad?? what kind of bread?dressing and on goes the list..some days it gets confuddling..is that a word?

Back to the making choices for the home. We are hoping to do some updating in our house and where do you start? What do you spend? I want to like it when it is done. So part of this winter has been working with some contractors and some ideas are starting to come together. We think. Plan on looking online at some ideas today AFTER some much needed domestic gets accomplished.

Just yesterday I noticed the diesel price upped again..3.50 a gallon. OUCH. Hubby does some trucking and it sure sucks the gallons and $$$$ quickly. So instead of sitting here I am heading to do the same old same old..dishes, laundry,cleaning,sorting,tossing,make some lunch,and squeeze a leisurly bath in there somewhere just for me.

3 comments:

Ethel said...

i love the word, "confuddling" if it's not a word it SHOULD be! have fun decorating! when you get done come and help me! ha!

Gwen said...

ha no way..but I will bring you my UNUSED serger!!!Not sure i can even thread it up anymore..sigh..let alone try to follow directions.

Ethel said...

serger? can you fax it? hee hee. i'm procrastinating sewing right now..can you tell? i have to get them done by this wk. end..that's my cut off point. a serger would be nice but i have no way of knowing how to run the thing either..but the thought of one is nice!