Monday, February 11, 2008

Diabetes

I have the big D. But to be positive it must be one of the better abnormalities to have.Not saying that we get to pick and choose. But for me..I have been lucky.
I am battery operated.:) I have a insulin pump which works very well for me and makes my lifestyle more the norm. So what is normal??? Webster defines it one way..free from any disease,disorder,malformation..mentally sound...ha maybe we better not dwell on it.
I managed to have two children before the days of my pump which was amazing. I have what is termed brittle diabetes.
I got it during highschool. Thoughts seem to come to me these days as it is soon time for my warranty to be up on my second pump. Which will be 8 years pumping. WOW. Insurance has been very good and I certainly have not counted my expense of running my pump..that could be depressing.
Many people who have pumps have them named. Mine is mortimor. My best and closest friend for life.

No comments: